Friday, June 5, 2009

Some words about my writing

When I started writing "Torero" I didn't like either of the lead characters at all. They were one-dimensional, unattractive and whiny. So I did two detailed character sketches, which I hadn't done for "Bring Me Comfort", and two strong, likable characters emerged. Now that I am totally immersed in my second attempt at "Torero", it is funny to see how far away from their character profiles both characters have come. Sometimes they do and say things that I had not planned and they take the story in a whole new direction. Also, new characters appear out of the blue, meaning I will have to go back to earlier on in the story to introduce them at the proper time.
When I started writing "Bring Me Comfort" I was already totally "in love" with Ze'ev because he had lived in my mind for such a long time. With Francisco it took me longer because he was newer in my imagination. But now I am just as crazy about him as I was (am) about Ze'ev!

No comments:

Post a Comment